Wednesday, February 5, 2014


Why Do VW's Have Their Own Fan Club?




I am always fascinated by how a brand can carry its own emotions, whether it be Starbucks for its little taste of luxury or Nike for its always cool, innovative athletic wear. In particular, I have always been interested by Volkswagen, because VW owners seem to combine as their own family. If one VW owner meets another, I can almost guarantee that they like each other more, just for the simple reason that they both chose the same car manufacturer. Apparently, simply owning a VW says something about you. 




Maybe it says that you're free-spirited. Or maybe it's that you're just unique. Maybe, you just like the style. Whatever the reason, there is something invisible there that all VW owners get. While I do not know the exact recipe behind it, this added value or prestige of a product is known as brand equity. It is the intangible value that cannot be pinpointed, yet is somehow communicated to increase a company's overall image or reputation. 

This is somehow done by the marketing folks. Yes, all you engineers, you are quite smart, but we do have something here. We know how to communicate a feeling behind a product that goes deeper than its noticeable features. No, it is not just what the product can immediately do for you. It is what choosing that product above all others says about you. 


So, why did I write this? I don't even own a VW myself.

Simply put, I have always been intrigued by this ever-lasting brand and have had the chance to meet a woman who is currently selling her VW Van shown at the top. I talked to Carol about all of the good memories that she has had while driving that car from dropping her boys off to cruising around our good ole hometown of Columbus, Indiana. 

It definitely is a feeling in and of itself that goes beyond the great German car engineering. And thus, I want the VW to end up in the right hands. Therefore, if you know of a VW enthusiast or are one yourself, please get in touch so that I can ensure that the next owner will love the car as much as she has. 



E-mail me with any questions you may have at jsscbrwr@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment